Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Spotify Effect





Hey I'm blogging again!  Why?  Because I need to praise Spotify for being awesome.  If you don't know what Spotify is, it a great music streaming service that allows you to find any song (except Metallica, Beatles, Zepplin, AC/DC & a few others) and play it instantly.  No buffering what so ever.  There is ads if you have the free version but they're not that bad.  Spotify has over 13 million songs!  Not only do they have music but they do have a few comedians.  Kind of came as surprise to me.  Other features include collaborative playlists, offline listening, artist radio, (like Pandora), mobile use, sharing music to other Spotify users, connect to your tv, etc.  Click here to see all their features.

Since it debut in the U.S, I was curious what Spotify was.  Thanks to @PFKnone for sending me one of his last invites, i got to try out the service and immediately fell in love with it.  So much in fact that last week I purchased their premium service.  Which includes having Spotify on my Android phone.  It the main reason why i bought a premium account is because i know i would want all this music on my phone when i go to work or travel during the holidays.

I've been finding a lot of great songs lately by trying out the artist radio and playlists other people have been creating.  If you follow me on Twitter or Google+, yesterday i posted a Youtube video of a group called Epica performing their rendition of Star Wars Imperial March.  Please give it a listen.


Also been listening to a lot of Dubstep by Skrillex, Doctor P & Flux Pravilion.  Puddle of Mudd re(disc)over album, Hollywood Undead, Epica, Trans-Siberian Orchestra and a few others.  I also got 3 80's playlists, classic rock playlist, and 2 top of the charts playlists that are updated every week.  Yeah I'm getting my moneys worth.  Anyone has any recommendations, please let me know.

If you like to try out Spotify, sign up for a invite to get a free account which grants you access to all their music. Highly HIGHLY recommend this service.

P.S - Not available in Canada.  Sorry canucks.

P.S.S - Sorry for not blogging more.  I blame Google+.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder what you do for a living. I wonder if you would mAke a living if what you do was free
    Why would you take away the income of the artists that you like? Is your phone plan free? How about your groceries? So you pay for everything but music? Ok so you did pay a premium. Use ur head. Do you think that premium when divided by the number of artists you've listened to is enough to make a livelyhood? You must be one of those idiots that believe others efforts are your right.
    If you paid for your android phone, you should pay for the artists' music as well..but I can already tell you are a middleclass, white, guitar loving corporate fuck dump. Go blog about fairness goof!

    ReplyDelete