Pages

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Mother Nature is a Cruel Bitch

You may have heard by now that the east coast of United States experience its first earthquake two weeks ago.  To pile on more shit for the east coast, mother nature gives us a gift in a form of a hurricane.  In one week mother nature pretty much took a shit on the east coast.

This won't be a worthy blog post if I didn't include my experience of the earthquake.  When did the earthquake happen?  Around 1:50pm ish?  Ok let go with that.  Around that time I was nerding out by watching a Battlestar Galactica episode.  All of the sudden the house was making a weird noise like it was settling in.  Kinda weird for a house to settle in at this time of day.  Wasn't windy outside, so it couldn't be that.  Split second later, i felt the floor move.  I could feel myself swaying back n forth for a few seconds.  My bottle water sitting on the table next to me was also moving.  5 seconds of this it suddenly dawn on me that this is a EARTHQUAKE!  Just like that it was all over.  My mind was going berserk!  WTF just happened here!  Me being a nerd, my first action to go to my computer and tweet.

After tweeting, my mind was still processing what happened.  My second action was to call the family and see if they're ok.  Nope can't dial out because all the lines are busy.  Most of my family is on Facebook, so i posted on there about the earthquake.  If they see that i posted on Facebook then that will tell them i am ok.  Turns out my mom, dad, and one of my sister didn't even know a earthquake even happened.  My sister who lives near Baltimore felt it while at work.  My sister that didn't know it happened was quite upset because she never experience one either.  Least everyone was ok.  Then reports were coming in that the center of the quake was somewhere in Virginia.  It register a 5.8.

On that weekend, we were dealt with another one of mother nature cruel joke, Hurricane Irene.  Mother nature was probably thinking "well if the earthquake wasn't bad then here a over hyped hurricane."  It wasn't that serious when Irene past over Maryland.  We may have gotten around 60mph winds and a lot of rain.  There was minor flooding,  Some trees got knocked down.  A bunch of leaves and small branches were laying on the ground and roads.  Didn't even knock out power.  Was really glad about that.

What a week it has been eh?  On the bright side, that quake brought out some funny memes.  We will never forget!


1 comment: